Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bainbridge Island - the pictures


7:55 Ferry trip over to Bainbridge - (l to r) Kate, Andrew, Scot (my brother), Jeff & Jacob
cloudy & spitting - looks like the weather might improve
Rainy and dark (I had to lighten the photo a ton) but still a beautiful place to ride!


Kate providing commentary, Rod holding my new bike (trying not to say "I told you to be careful!"), and Scot amused


Jeff, Jacob and Andrew waiting patiently for me to get myself together

Wet corner = slow down

Jeff enjoying the yummy food at Real Food market & cafe (looking good - sporting his IM Cozomel kit :)
This is a great place to stop for refueling (and they were very nice to provide me ice for my hip).  Kate and I amused ourselves looking at some of the fun stuff in the store.  Too bad the paperdoll kit w/ classic dancing movie characters (i.e. JT from sat night fever, JG & PS from dirty dancing, & JB from flash dance) were not perforated - who has time to cut out paper dolls?



Wet waiting for ferry home - no one was really interested in a second loop.


The best part of a group ride - laughing w/ training partners!
makes a "bad" ride much better


wet helmet, wet shoes, wet seat




Reminder to self
  • slow down on wet pavement
  • slow down on sharp corners
  • new bike is more responsive & handles differently
  • use more caution

3 comments:

MaryKay said...

OUCH.

I'm glad that you are OK. Better the bruise on your leg than on your head.

:)

emily said...

I can hardly see that bruise through all those leg muscles.

Melinda said...

Big bruise, big muscles, okay, big, big bruise.